Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Meet " BLUEBIRD "


May 18, 2010

Got back to Montana on the 5th of May. The next morning an inch of snow covered the ground. By now it is warm again. Actually hot at 80 degrees.
My friend Danya had found a VW Camper in Missoula that he really liked and had looked over very closely. I had searched the internet and had found several possibilities, but all included some travel to inspect them. Intuition kept whispering.."go to Missoula", but my mind kept telling me..."that would just be too easy". I finally went, tested the vehicle, liked it and bought it on May 11th.
Ursula, my friend from Alaska, was there to visit her husband (Danya). We all had a great time visiting. On Sunday, the 16th, Ursula and Danya drove the Van to Helena.
The first test run went well, according to Danya. Bluebird performed nicely on the pass.And would you believe it, we found a bear fetish in the front ashtray. If I had still harbored any doubts about the vehicle, they vanished upon seeing the little bear. Ursula and Danya had to leave on Monday. Saying good-bye was hard, knowing it would be a long time before we meet again. I was bummed out for the rest of the day and spent a few hours lying in the upper bunk of " BLUEBIRD ".

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the perfect transportation to fly down south! missing you, much light and love, Anne

    ReplyDelete