Monday, August 9, 2010

In the fires of Pele.....




August 9, 2010

Dios mio....!!!
I can not remember the last time I felt so sick, as I was here in Antigua. The day hiking Pacaya left me totally sapped. I felt so weak, exhausted and alone.
It was good to park for a while, take care of my body, but most of all to just sit still and allow the emotional storm to unfold. It was like watching a thunderstorm
pass through. No action was needed on my part. I spent the week taking spanish lessons, walking with Sky, playing with the kids in the park and ocassional dinners with fellow travellers. Most of my attention however was focused inward. I had been projecting pictures of fear around entering El Salvador, as I had heard stories from others. One day, I found a great book on El Salvador with amazing fotografs, in a small market stall in Antigua. I spent an hour reading and looking at the photos.
This opened up another possibility and I realized, I can create it to be whatever I want it to be. Just like Mexico and Guatemala, which has been amazing this far, I can envision a wonderful time there. The trick however is, I have to be totally clear and at ease with myself before I can move on it. And just like that, the storm had passed. My energy is up again and the flu is gone. We left Antigua yesterday and drove right through the ¨Lions Portal¨ down to the shores of Lago Atitlan.
It is amazing to watch how Sky acts and feels when I am free and clear. His tale is up and he is ready to play. Today we will take a boat accross the lake to San Marcos and beyond....

1 comment:

  1. You look great! so glad to hear all is well, Enjoying the pictures and the updates, missing you, Anne

    ReplyDelete