Saturday, April 24, 2010


April 21,2010
oouuch........sore muscles...sore everything. After a 13 hour and 728 mile push I arrived in Helena, Montana. There is a bungalow waiting for me..that was enough motivation today to keep going.

The trip down had become enjoyable with some hikes here and there, watching the wildlife and soaking in the Liard Hot Springs, that I almost lost track of time. Liard was amazing. The hawks were all around me there and talking. Once I got to Alberta and realized how far I still had to go.....yes I did actually look at a map at that point.....I got a little more serious about making headway. Alberta was easy to drive....flat...wide expanding landscape with a steady wind of 25 knots and even stronger gusts. I wonder how people handle this constant wind. It makes me edgy and I noticed I was breathing really shallow.
Once I drove into the canyon along the Missouri River I could breath again. There were big rocks, rivers,valleys and mountains.....contrast. A most comforting view. Welcome to Montana!

3 comments:

  1. Ty and I have driven this road countless times and its always filled with beauty and mystery. Glad you drifted into the deep waters of Liard and now are greeting the wild Montana skies. We have family in good Bozeman if you need,

    WE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Good thoughts are with you!!

    Carmen and Rodger Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, sister of the road!

    ReplyDelete