Saturday, April 24, 2010

Leaving Anchorage


April 17,2010
If it had not been for my wonderful friend Ursula, I might have never made it out of Anchorage. I had been stalling..I simply had no clue how to get the stuff into my car. Not that I had a lot, but I have just a little Subaru Forester and the dog kennel took up half of the cargo space.
Ursula took a look, rolled up her sleeves and said:"Just bring me your stuff and I will pack it in." And she did.
So on the morning of the 17th of April I rolled out of town with everything safely stored and Sky comfortably snuggled into his kennel.
I felt kind of shell shocked...neither sad nor excited...The road took all my attention. I realized, that I really don't like the cold climate anymore.
Still wondering how a place so beautiful had felt so right for so long (14 years) and all of a sudden feels so wrong, since I had returned from my 3 month stay in Tulum, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment