Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yukon and beyond....



April 19,2010
Frost Hives...enormous bumps...holes.....the kind that throws your car off the road.
Snow still coming up beside the road, but at least the road is clear.
Seems like the hawks are guiding my journey. Had one
making a low pass in front of my car today
that I had to tap the break not to hit him. I heard "slow down..something in the road". About a half mile later were 2 moose crossing the highway.
I am not comfortable on the highway yet. Feel kind of ill prepared. I haven't even looked at a map yet, but so far the signs pointing out the direction are pretty easy to follow. And I decided not to rush forward either. If I get to Montana in time to make my flight to N.Y. fine, if not...well so be it.

1 comment:

  1. I remember hearing the voice of something in road in front of you, and there were caribou! Less than 2 miles ahead. Lucky not to hit them and listen to my intuition! So neat that you have visual guides! so powerful! Have fun and enjoy your travels! (don't worry about the map too much, you'll be in the right place at the right time!)

    ReplyDelete