Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yeaaaahhhh!!.... Viva Mexico



June 27, 2010

A gentle, cool ocean breeze greeted us yesterday afternoon at San Carlos/Guaymas on the Sea of Cortez. What respite it was from the interior 105 degree heat. I sprang immedeately into the water, splashing around like a kid. Just couldn't help myself.
Then decided to have a cold beer to celebrate, but that left me more buzzed then anticipated or desired. Either way...I am so happy to be back on the ocean and back in Mexico. Sky loves it too. He couldn't stop running on the beach last nite and playing with sticks. Tucson had taken another day, seven to be exact, since I had become marooned there with car troubles, that on the last day I was starting to wonder if I would ever get to leave the USA. Day 7 was especially trying, since I had completed all my preparations, expecting to be on my way. I spent probably 1/2 a day wrestling with doubts about Bluebird. The other half I prayed, meditated and eventually surrendered to whatever would come. At 5 minutes before 5pm the Mechanics called to let me know they had found the real problem, fixed it and Bluebird was ready to fly.Ugghh!!! My first thought was:"I need to work on Faith and Trust". This doubt business is just too painful. We got up at 4am, sat with the lunar eclipse for an hour, which was fully visible from Tucson, and left at 5am for the border. The crossing took a good time for the paperwork to be completed, but proceeded without any searches or hassles. There was also no evidence of border tension, instead everybody was very friendly, hospitable and accomodating. At least, that was my experience.

1 comment:

  1. pues que bien!! Se ve que has descubierto el alma el mundo, el sentido de la vida.. es verdadero concepto de la naturaleza, sin duda, has sido tan afortunada.. es una muestra de que sabes aprovechar la vida.. te felicito mucho, ojala tenga el gusto de verte de nuevo en estaexistencia

    ReplyDelete